A club in Syston was first formed in 1887, meaning that we celebrate 125 years in 2012.Players lived locally or attended nearby Barrow Grammar School.
It was not until the late 1960’s that the club began to flourish as the local schools took to playing rugby and a steady stream of players was assured.
The move to Barkby Road came at the beginning of 1989 and the ground was officially opened by John Simpson, RFU President. The excellent facilities the Club now enjoys are the product of the older members who worked so hard in the past to develop the Club, and their foresight in buying land when the opportunity arose. The various homes have included the carriage house behind the “Old White Swan” to the back room of the “Queen Victoria” via the “Dog and Gun”. The first real home for about 20 years was on Fosse Way.
Syston has a history of providing players to the Tigers, and are proud of those who have gone on to represent England at every level to full international. Also one England captain who became a British Lion.